Sunday, December 18, 2011

Unknown: Chapter 4

I woke up suddenly, the pillow I was laying in was soaked from my tears. I got myself up and headed to the bathroom to make myself presentable. I was to go out now, i wanted to buy something. Not something amazing or worth a lot, but a companion.I fixed my hair and grabbed a hooded jacket. I was out the door, the first in weeks I have actually left to get something. The town still looked the same. Small wooden stores, all in a line on the other side of the road from me. No one seemed to really notice me, which was good. I walks and walked among the stores until I came to a sign that read "Pets". I was excited to see it was still there. I remember my first pet I got from here. It was a golden lab puppy. It was so small and had the softest fur ever. Until it died a year before my mom did. This time i wanted a different dog. I walked into the store, where I didn't see a sales clerk, so I wondered around the store for a while, admiring all the beautiful animals. The birds of many radiant colors, and the cats all purring with excitement I was there. Then I came to some dogs. I was petting the small puppies when a laddie came out.
"Oh aren't those puppies adorable? So many people are already just waiting for them to grow older to buy. Its a shame the other older dogs don't really get bought." the lady said.
"Why not?" I asked.
"All the people want cute little puppies, but when they grow up, they get tired
of them. And they come back here in the back." she said"
"Well, may i see the older dogs" I said.
"Oh yes! Come with me" he said.
As we walks back, you could hear the dogs barking and growling when she walked back, but when they saw me they got happy. Maybe all hoping id take them home. There was only 5 I saw, I really wish I could take them all home with me. They were in small cages and didn't have room to run and play like they would in my house. I had a feeling I wasn't going to come home with just one of the dogs.I looked to the dogs, they all seemed to be nice and clean. "Do they all get along?" I asked.
"Indeed they do! They are let out in the back fence ever day in the morning and all play nice. Except this one here, Max. He always stays in his cage and never leaves. Poor thing was in the Martins fire a while back. He was abandon cause the family thought he was dead when they moved away." she said.
"I have a question, now I have a big house up the road and I can fit all these dogs in my house. Id just like for them to roam free, and play. Id very much like to take them all in, if I may.." I said.
"Why my goodness! Your a fine young lady for doing that. Of coarse you can! But what house do you live at? I don't see you much around here." he said.
"Well, i live on maple. The big blue and green house. Its the only one with a three door garage." I said.
"That one?? I though the family moved outta there after the mom died." she said.
"No, its just me there now." I said.
"Oh dear. I'm so sorry for your loss." she said while she moved in to hug me.
"Its okay, really. Now about these dogs, ill take all 5, if that's okay. How
much?" I said.
"Oh, that's certainly fine! Now for the lot, it'll be $150." she said.
"Perfect. Ill take them. Now would you be able to help me take them to my house and maybe actually point out some good dog foods i can stock up on?" I asked.
"Of coarse ill help with all that!" she said.
After that, I was pretty happy, I have enough dog food for a while, and I'm about to have a nice family of 6!
We loaded the cages into the back of her husbands pick up truck and were on our way to my house. I first closed off all the rooms down stairs and put a gate at the stairs so they wouldn't wonder off just yet. Only through the halls and kitchen of the downstairs.
We got all the cages inside and let the dogs out. But one at a time so I could meet each of them and see how they reacted with me. We let Sandy out first, which was a poodle looking dog, she is white and medium sized. Then next I let out Rex, a boxer. He seemed so tough, but he was a little scarey cat. He was a light brown color and because he was a mix with another kind of dog, he was big! Then next was Tinker, who is a small dog. White with some brown spots on his back. Then the last girl was Anne, she was a great Dane puppy, not to small but she was gonna grow to be HUGE. Then Max was last, he was a German shepherd. Max was supposed to be a police dog but he just wasn't cut out for it. That I'm glad about because right when i held him in my arms to give him a hug was amazing. It was like between us both, we connected with a single touch.
The lady from the pet place stayed and told me about taking care of all these dogs, but I knew I could do it. I still didn't want to seem rude, so I just listened.
After she left I felt like I was queen. All the dogs followed me everywhere. I fed them, and played with them all. Since my halls are so long and wide, I played fetch with them in the house.
I got tired when it was around 9, instead of going upstairs I decided to sleep on the couch with all the dogs. I started to drift off to a deep sleep with Max curled up on my tummy. This was the most comforting sleep Ive had in months.

No comments:

Post a Comment