Friday, January 20, 2012

Unknown: Chapter 5

I woke up sweating so badly. I looked at the couch where i was laying and all the dogs were all on the couch with me. All 5 of them! Even though it was hot, i just layed back and enjoyed the love that is being shared here. Then about an hour later all in one sudden second the dogs were barking like crazy and running to the door, but Max stayed on my tummy and just growled. He didn't move my side. My guess was the door bell went off, and then it did again. I couldn't just push Max off me so when i got up i carried Max in my arms to the door. At least he was a smaller dog now. It was good i had a small room for an entry way so i could let whoever it was in then open the next door to the dogs.I walked to the door and Max was happily staying in my arms. I pushed my way through the dogs to the door. Then into the entry room. I never even peeked to see who it was. I just opened the door. There stood Nate.
"Well hello!" i said. While Max also said hi, but it more was a howl.
"Who is this little guy?" he said petting Max. Max almost seemed to back up closer to me. I was his and he was mine. He didn't like others i see.
"This is one of my new dogs, this is Max. He really took to me after a day." Ilaughed, Max was just staring at my face. Then he went for the kill, he just started licking my chin and anything close to it. It tickled so badly.
"Awhh he is so cute! Wait...you said one of your new dogs? There is more?" he said.
"Well yea, i went to the pet store looking to get a puppy yesterday and the lady was saying about the unwanted older pups and this little guy. I was completely in love with each and every little doggy face i saw in that back room. I felt bad for them, so i got all of them. I now have 5 amazing dogs." i smiled.
"Oh wow, i need to see this." he said.
"Be careful when you come in. I don't know how they react to other people yet. But come on in" i said while opening the door. Each bark and barked but that's it. No more was done, then they calmed down.
"Wow, it must be good to have dogs now, since you were alone and now you have 5 dogs you could talk to." he laughed.
"Yea, oh i need to feed them. Then head into town to the hardware store. I need to buy some wood and fencing to build a big open space i can let them just run around and not be worried they are gonna disappear." i said.
"Oh, can i join you? I have to head to the food store anyways." he said.
"Of coarse! But i need to make some breakfast first" i said.
"Well how about you finish here with the dogs and ill take you out to breakfast.
Sounds good?" he said.
"That sounds amazing! Ill be done in 5 minutes. I still need to change. I just woke up when you came." i laughed. While i just disappeared upstairs after feeding the dogs.
I went into my closet, i knew i was going to be outside working so i picked out some work clothes. Some ripped jeans, an old t-shirt of my brothers, and last my work boots. I put my hair up and headed downstairs. I jumped over the gate in front of the steps and landed in the hallway. All the dogs came running to me and were ready to attack till they saw it was me.
"Ready to go?" i asked Nate.
"You look like a little worker!" he smiled.
"Little? I'm not so little!" i said while going over to him and stood next to him. He looked to be about 5'10 and i stood a half inch shorter then him.
"Okay not little, i was just being a silly willy" he said.
We walked to the door and he was outside when i turned to my dogs and said " now you guys all be good! Ill be back soon." i gave all of them a pet and kiss on the head and was on my way. As i walked to the main door i grabbed my old school baseball cap from the coat rack and put it on.
I turned over to the garage.
"What are you doing? Were just walking down the road." he said.
"Oh yea but i need my truck to put the supplies i get at the hardware store." i
said.
"Oh silly me. Sorry. I forgot." he said smacking himself on the head.I walked up to the code lock and punched in my code. The garage door opened and there sat my Nissan truck. It was my first car, which is one i love so much. It was an older version but still loved it. It had a white paint job, and the seats looked like they were graphite, along with the steering wheel. Now with having the other hot rod cars too, this truck has the most bad ass stereo system. I installed it myself, another good thing to know to use tools for. We both hopped in, while i started the car he was looking over at the other cars in the garage.
There was many cars, all were mine, i sold my moms cause i couldn't bare to look at it anymore. I got so sad every time i came in here. Now it was more mine. There was a Camero, which was lime green with two black racing stripes. Then we had my second car which was a Bug. It was also lime green, but lighter then the Camero. Then the last car in here was an OLD Camero. It was so old, but that's what i love about it. It needed fixing up and i gave it a fix up and I'm still working on it. Then onto the motorcycles. I have two, one is a Kawasaki Ninja 250r, can you guess what color? Yes it was lime green! Then my other bike is a
Honda interceptor, the newest version, and it was all black. Man, it looked slick, and it was! It goes so fast so quick! After he looked over my garage we were on our way to breakfast.It was another small family owned place, it was homey feeling. It was like a log cabin. With little nick nacks everywhere.
We ordered and now to wait. There was us and then two other tables with people so i dont think our food will take long.
"Well while we wait, you should tell be about yourself." i said.
"Well after you left from school in 7th grade i was very lonely till i joined the football team in high school. But i always missed having my one best friend." he said.
"Me too. Sitting at a computer for school isn't the same as sitting next to you
in the classroom." i said.
"Well, school starts again in a month, you should come back for senior year!" he
said excitedly.
"I don't know...I'm not really used to it anymore...and I'm the same as before so it'll just be like middle school all over again." i said.
"You could be right....but your not! Your not the same, the Sophie i knew in 7th grade was shy and always daydreamed and got nothing done! You now get book written, songs made, photos taken, and more! Plus, your really pretty these days." he smiled.
I couldn't seem to talk or make any sound. So i just sat there and smiled the whole time till our food came.He payed for the food. I tried to pay half but that didn't work at all, he was set on buying it.We left to the store. I went into the hardware store and he followed along. As soon as we walked in hr turned to me and said " well I'm gonna go to the food store and ill meet you at your truck in 20 minutes. Sound good?"
"Yea that's good." i smiles and we went our different ways.

I made a list before early in the day.
To get:
•nails
•wood pegs/strips
•metal fencing
•new hammer
•doggy door
•hinges
•lock for gate
•whatever else i find
Well i wanted to get the big wood and fence part first. I walks up and down some isles with a big shopping cart. I found my nails, hammer, hinges, and a lock. Now to the big stuff. I knew i was going to get it the opposite way but it turned out differently.
I went down the wood isle, slowly looking at the different woods.
"May i help you?" asked a staff worker.
"Maybe, I'm making a fence around the back of my house for dogs, what would be good for it?" i asked.
This worker was very helpful, i had a cart full of all i needed and still had to carry more then to my truck. May workers helped me lift all i got into my truck.
Then finally it was all done. I sat right next to this store was a ice cream place. So i helped myself to a small cone. I was just finishing up when Nate came up to me.
"You heading back now?" he asked.
"Yea i am. I want to take this stuff home." i said.
"Okay, well i have other stuff to do. I can walk home then. Ill see you later." he said.  He seemed so gloomy, i was worried but i didn't want to pest so i agreed with him. I felt bad leaving him there but he wanted to.
"I came home and pulled my truck into my yard and brought it around to the back.
I was unloading everything when my neighbor came over. She was an older woman that knew my mom very well. They always had tea every Sunday morning and they sat on her porch to watch the sun come up.
"Well well well, i haven't seen you in a while little girl. How are you doing?" she asked.
I set down what i had in my arms and walked over to her. "I'm doing pretty good.
Just building a fence back her for my new dogs." i said.
"You know, if you ever need anything you come on over and I'm always here." she said.
"Well thank you, ill keep that in mind. But i should get back to this. I need to go into get some more stuff i forgot about." i said.
"Do you think i could come with you? I'm just about to head there if i could join you." she said.
I knew she just liked company, but so did i! So i agreed. "Yea of coarse. I'm heading to the hardware store again to get paint." i said.
"Oh i need to get something there too and some food. Maybe you want to take a nice walk with me up there instead?" she said.
"Yeah! I need some exercise.  Ive been in my house for months." i said. Setting down the past of my stuff on the back porch. "I just need to put my truck in the garage and we can go." she said.
"Good, gives me a second to get my bag."The day went on as planned. Tomorrow, i will work on putting up picket fence! Need a good night sleep before that.
I fell asleep with all dogs with me. It was cozy and amazing. I felt the safest and warmest i truly have in years.
-----
Today was the day! I was ready to get working on this for my dogs.
I ate breakfast and was off in the early morning. I was just heading outside when the door bell rang. i walked straight to the door thinking it would be Nate, since he left me yesterday. to my suprise when i opened the door it was his little sister, Lilly!
"Well this is a surprise!" i said.
"You did say i could come and read some of your books right? I dont want to interupt you at what you may be doing right now." she said.
"Of coarse!!! Come, come! I am going outback to work on a fence for my new dogs, who actually are still asleep." i said.
"Oh! Yea Nate told me about all your FIVE new dogs! Can i meet them?" she asked.
"Sure, BOYS!!!!" i yelled. Then with one big thud they all came flying around the corner ready to meet a near person. Each dog was perfictly fine with Lilly, they really liked her. They were all giving her little doggy kisses. But then Max did, cause we all know, he is my dog.
"Well who is this little one?" she asked pointing to Max.
"Oh he is my special best pup, he was the most scared, and the one who conected with me first and the best. He is my perfect man." We both laughed at my stupidness.
I showed her into the room with my books and i showed her each section i had. She was into the love or mysteries i wrote. Though my mysteries arent thrilling, i think they can keep you on the edge of your seat.
I then headed into the backyard, i still didn't fully trust all my dogs to stay in the yard so they had to stay inside till i had the fencing up.
The beginning of a my projects starts with a piece of wood and ends with mysterious visit from someone i thought wasn't alive..
I walked off the back porch and got to work. I started with the left side of the back of the house and worked along in a straight line. I had to figure out how i was going to put it together and everything. Once i did that, there was no stopping me till lunch! Work was pretty easy till the sun came up higher and higher as every hour passed. Some times the advantage of having a really tall house come in handy when your working a sweat, even when your in the shade. I felt like i was acomplishing something huge, but it was only trivial as building a fence. Some may not say that is trivial but i do, i was used to fixing complex cars and more. This was an easy do in one day kind of thing.
It was lunch and i already had gotten most of it done. I have a big yard but it was already down the left side and then half way in the back done. I was going to add the gate on the right, and i knew that would take some time so i decided it was time to get energized!
I walked into the sweet smelling house of mine, it was very quiet and i was wondering how Lilly was doing. I walked into my office and there was no one. Though there was a note that read:
Dear Sophie,
I had to go home my brother needs me for something or other. Sorry i didn't tell you personally but I saw how hard you were working and i didn't want to get in the middle of that.
Ill see you around.
Lilly.

I wonder why that family is always bailing on me now-a-days. First her brother, now the sister? Is it me? Does there mom not like me?
Then there was a message on my machine. it blinked only once so there had to be only one message. I listened to it.
It was a ladies voice i ad never heard of before. "Is Lilly over there? Nate gave me this number just cause he visited an old friend a couple times, i don't want Lilly going over there without her brother. I want her home this instant!" This lady must be Nate and Lilly's mom. I remember her being my favorite friends mom. She was so nice and sweet, always liked me and made some cookies each time id come over. Well i guess that opinion of me changed since i dropped outta real school for a non-bully cyber school.
She just didn't get my reasoning if that's why she don't like me anymore. Or just that she just doesn't quiet remember me.
All this thinking, or work, or even lack of food made my head really dizzy. I had to lay down on the couch and the next thing i knew i was out so fast. I don't even remember hitting the couch really, it was all one black blur. I was completely out and it wasn't even lunch yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment